Thursday, April 11, 2013

Coursera - Introduction to Databases

I finished another Coursera offering this month: Stanford University's Introduction to Databases.

I wanted to expand my understanding of database topics and the Stanford course delivered with the following subject areas:
Relational Databases
XML Data
JSON Data
Relational Algebra
SQL
Relational Design Theory
Querying XML
Unified Modeling Language
Constraints and Triggers
Indexes
Views
Transactions
Authorization
Recursion in SQL
On-Line Analytical Processing
NoSQL Systems
I felt comforable with most topics as they were not new to me. But a couple of the topics, Relational Algebra and Relational Design Theory, really taxed my brain.

The course offered lots of basic info and also "challenge" level info for advanced learning.

All in all, a great course. I'm glad I forced myself to tackle some new topics.

1 comment:

Allan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.