Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goals 2012

I'm getting an earlier start on my goals this year. I'd like to focus on my development skills primarily, but continue with problem solving.

So, in 2012 I will ...

1. Become a Certified Spring Professional
I've taken the training, read a couple of books and written a small web app in Spring so this should be doable in the first part of the year.

2. Read 6 software development related books
I've already got that many in my "to read" stack and I'll continue with the Wingdings book club.

3. Convert my "broken toy" library app to Ruby
I been wanted to get started with Ruby but I got sidetracked with Groovy and Spring.

4. Create a new "broken toy" app to help me keep track of the anniversaries and birthdays of my family and friends
This is one that I didn't get to last year.

5. Write two blog posts a month
This is a bit conservative based on last years total, but I'd like to spend more time on my skills.

6. Take some sort of multi-day software development training
This will be a reoccurring goal.

No comments: